Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tinkle, Tinkle, Little Bell

Recently I went to a pet trade show to see what was new in the marketplace. I am always amazed at the products that people dream up -- like the top that fits over your water bottle that adjusts the flow so your dog can drink from it too. Or the water bowl that adapts to the drink holder in your car. I could certainly use one of those. We've had many overturned water bowls on long car trips with the dogs.

But my favorite new invention was the doggie doorbell. At first, I thought it was a leash with bells, which would make for a very noisy walk. I had heard of something like this before. Some clever owner trained their dog to jingle a bell when they needed to go out. By only rewarding them for ringing the bell when they have to do their thing, and not for going out to play, they eventually learn to use the bell for what it was intended. And now some enterprising businesswoman came up with the Designer Doggie Doorbell. The doorbells are simple to make, but if you don't have the time or the inclination, you can purchase one to suit any decorating style at Poochie Bells.

No comments: